Andrew Carriero – Sewer Superintendent
The Village of Gowanda sewer services were established in 1897 with the construction of sanitary sewers and a series of septic tanks through out the Village. In 1959 the Village added additional sewers and constructed a wastewater treatment plant on Aldrich Street in the Village. The Aldrich Street plant was updated in 1992 and a Bio solids composting facility was added in 1994 and updated in 2003. Today, this state-of-the-art regional wastewater management facility services the Village of Gowanda, Village of Perrysburg, Collins Correctional Facility, Gowanda Correctional Facility and customers in the Towns of Collins and Persia. The Village Wastewater Treatment Plant is a state-of-the-art 2.2 million gallon-a-day Biological Oxidation plant with phosphate removal and two stage anaerobic digestion. The plant achieves 90% or greater removal efficiency. All bio-solids produced by the plant are composted to produce Class A compost suitable for distribution to the Public.
Facility Description Design Flow
- 2.2 million gallons per day, 5 million gallon per day peak flow
- 30 miles of sanitary sewer
- Equivalent population server 10,000
- 1,500 yards per year static pile bio-solids compost facility
- New York Department of Health Approved Environmental Laboratory
Residents may bring Metal and Plastics to the recyclable area on:
Mondays & Wednesdays 8 AM-11 AM
Saturdays 8 AM-11 AM
**Unfortunately the Village no longer accepts cardboard**
You must be logged in to post a comment.