The Village Clerk’s office is open to the public from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and until 5:30 PM on Tuesdays. Payments and fees can be made by either cash or check – no credit/debit cards are accepted.
Village Clerk, Molly Dalimonte
Deputy Registrar, Nancy Black
The Clerk’s Office exists to support the administrative operations of the Village. Village Clerk is responsible for maintaining all records of the village. They and their staff collect taxes and assessments, water and sewer payments, and are available to answer questions regarding village issues and policies. They attends all Board meetings and produces the minutes, a written record of said meetings. The Village Clerk is a Notary Public and is Chief Registrar for the village.
Water & Sewer
Water and sewer bills are mailed quarterly.
The Clerk’s office also issues building permits, solicitor’s permits, business permits and licenses and bell jar licenses.
Birth and Death Certificates
Certified copies of birth and death certificates are $10 each. All copies for births and deaths are kept in the Village, including those at Tri-County Hospital and the Gowanda Nursing Home.
Birth Certificates can be ordered via mail if necessary. If ordering birth certificates via mail, please use the following procedure.
- Complete Application for Birth Certificate
- $10 check or money order payable to Village of Gowanda for each birth certificate requested
- Copy of identification should be included with request (i.e., license) of person requesting certificate
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope to be included with request
- Requests with above enclosures to be mailed to: Gowanda Village Clerk Office, 27 East Main Street, Gowanda, NY 14070
- Any questions, feel free to call the Village Clerk’s Office at (716) 532-3353