Highway Department

Gary Denea – Highway Superintendent

The Village of Gowanda Highway Department, located on Industrial Plance in the Village, was established in 1848 when the Village of Gowanda was incorporated.

The Village Highway Department maintains, operates and manages the following:

  • 11.79 miles of village streets
  • 30 miles of storm sewers
  • 20.3 acres of park land
  • 5 municipal parking lots totaling 5.5 acres
  • Equipment maintenance garage
  • 30 miles of sidewalk (sidewalks plowed by the Village, maintained by homeowner)
  • Trash and garbage pickup for 1,400 customers (by contract)